I’m very excited to say that I’ve now finished my introductory Blues course!
Designed primarily for students in school year groups 5 – 9, it is also likely to prove useful for instrumental tutors as well as higher ages.
You can buy/download it by clicking HERE.
Download FREE preview files from ‘The Boogie Monster’ here: [media-downloader media_id=”135682013″ texts=”‘The Boogie Monster’ 12 Bar Blues – preview files zipped”]
A fun and rocking course that includes high-quality audio tracks, scores (including guitar and bass tab) and an accompanying power point presentation.
It works through fundamental aspects of the 12 bar Blues and includes 7 practical exercises in the key of E (one of the most common keys in all Blues music). In detail it covers the following:
– Brief History of Blues music
– 12 Bar Blues structure
– Blues ‘groove pattern’
– Blues walking basslines
– Straight and Shuffle rhythms
– Blues ‘turnarounds’
– Call and Response improvisation
– Improvising with the Major pentatonic scale
– Final piece combining all elements above
– Suggestions for how to compose a Blues piece
– 10 professionally recorded Mp3 files including examples and backing tracks
– 7 scores with additional tab for guitarists and bassists
I hope this course is helpful for your lessons and please contact me if you have any questions!
Clip art in ‘The Boogie Monster’ created by: